If you don’t have any Instagram Highlights yet, you can create one either from your current story or from the Stories Archive. That, of course, means you need to have the archiving feature on. It’s usually enabled by default, but here’s how you can double-check that and switch on the Stories Archive if need be:
- From your profile, tap on the Menu icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Story Controls.
- Scroll down to Save to Archive and switch the toggle on.
Once archiving is on, you can go ahead and create your first Highlight. Here’s how to create your first Instagram Highlight by adding your current story to it:
- Open your Instagram story.
- Tap on the Highlight icon at the bottom.
- In the Add to Highlights pop-up, tap New.
- Enter a name for the highlight and edit the cover if you want.
- Finally, tap Add, and then Done.
If you want to create an Instagram Highlight using a story you posted a while ago, you can do that, too. Here’s how:
- From your profile, tap on the Archive icon in the upper left-hand corner (it’s shaped like a clock).
- Tap on the … icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Now tap Create Highlight.
- Check all of the stories you want to add to this new Highlight and tap Next.
- Name your Highlight and adjust its cover.
- Finally, tap Add and Done.
That’s it! Your first Instagram Highlight now appears on your profile. There’s also a New button next to it, so you can quickly create more Highlights.